Next week I’ll be in northern Germany, working with faculty and staff at Jacobs University in Bremen—specifically, their Integrated Environmental Studies program—in conjunction with our upcoming SGE overseas programs, given our current plans to offer a Germany program in summer 2015. We’ll be visiting a few sites (see geotag map below), including:
- An air-storage gas turbine plant near Huntorf
- The IVG oil and gas cavern site near Etzel
- The Wattenmeerhaus Wilhelmshaven
- Enercon, a major wind generation company in Aurich, and nearby windfarms
- A jaunt to the island of Juist and discussion of their climate resources
Below are some shots of Jacobs University and nearby Bremen from my last trip in summer 2009.